To use Firefox, ensure you’re using the appropriate driver
Note: this documentation has been updated for Watir 6.19, and is focused on supporting the updates made for Selenium 4.
For non-browser specific capabilities take a look at our Capabilities Guide In addition to those, there are a number of Firefox specific settings that will change how Firefox operates during the test run.
Watir will build the options for you when you pass in a Hash that is based on
Commonly used settings include:
- :args - an Array of command-line arguments to use when starting Firefox
- :binary - a String representing the Path to the Firefox Browser executable to use
- :profile - an encoded profile string or Firefox::Profile instance
- :log_level - the String or Symbol representing the desired log level for geckodriver
- :prefs - a Hash with each entry consisting of the key of the preference and its value
You can specify an existing profile to use, such as your ‘default’ profile:
You can also create a new Firefox profile each test run using any of the options that you can configure in the about:config pane of Firefox