To use Edge, ensure you’re using the appropriate driver
Between the final release of Selenium 3 and the initial release of Selenium 4, Microsoft completely changed their browser engine. As such, Selenium 3 only works with the Legacy EdgeHTML browser, and Selenium 4 only works with the new Chromium backed Edge browser (v75+). As such, Edge support requires Watir 6.19+ and Selenium 4.0.0beta1 or newer.
Watir will build the options for you when you pass in a Hash that is based on
Commonly used settings include:
- :args - an Array of command-line arguments to use when starting Chrome
- :binary - a String representing the Path to the Chrome Browser executable to use
- :prefs - a Hash with each entry consisting of the name of the preference and its value
- :extensions - an Array of Strings listing the paths to (.crx) Chrome extensions to install on startup
- :emulation - A Hash for raw emulation options.
(it is important to note that the key must be