I know it has been a long time without a release, but Watir 6.17 is now available on RubyGems! Mostly just a maintenance update, but Ruby 2.5 or greater now required and all of the warnings and noise from recent Selenium versions should be silenced. Mostly I’m pleased that in addition to code from the 3 main contributors, we received code submissions from four additional authors: Lakshya Kapoor, Matthew Mazaika, Olle Jonsson & Joe Schulte. Thank you for your work!
or in your Gemfile:
Element#right_clicknow accepts modifiers for key presses just like
FileField#uploadexists was added (same functionality as
Logger#selenium=allows setting selenium log level directly
- Browser now accepts a
:serviceparameter with a Selenium Service instance value
Deprecations and Removals
Element#scroll_into_viewis deprecated in favor of the new
- Selenium noise from latest version is quieted
- Locator code now respects case sensitivity and insensitivity based on w3c html specification
- Each browser instance gets its own timer to allow threading
- There was a location issue when an iframe was nested under another element
- Locating with Regular Expressions used to only match direct child text nodes, now it matches any descendent
See the Changelog for the complete history of updates.