You want to help us? That’s great news!
Watir is maintained by volunteers, and we welcome and appreciate contributions.
- Want to add or fix things on this website? Make a pull request to our website code.
- Want to help write Watir code? We suggest you start by running the test suite on the project to learn what things Watir is doing.
- Want to suggest ideas for how to make Watir better? Submit an issue with your feature request.
Oh, you mean you need help with something?
Do you have a reproducible problem with Watir code?
Do you have a specific error or difficulty that has a practical answer of general interest?
Post a Question on StackOverflow. Several people in the Watir community actively monitor questions asked there that have the watir tag.
Do you have a question that involves an opinion, or is otherwise not of general interest?
Send a question to the Watir-General mailing list on Google Groups.
Is it easiest to just have a conversation with us?
Join the #watir channel on the Selenium Slack account. You can join by submitting this form. You will be sent an invitation with instructions on how to join.
Guidelines for Questions and Posts
- Check the above locations to see if your question has already been asked before posting your question
- Keep your questions on-topic
- Be Respectful
- The people answering your questions are volunteers with real jobs. Watir has a wonderful and helpful community, but people do not owe you an immediate answer. Be patient, we’ll eventually be able to help.
- Use standard English, not SMS or chat speak
- Be Specific and Thorough
- Provide a Short, Self Contained, Correct Example
- Include all of the relevant versions for specific issues you are having (Watir, Selenium, driver, browser, Ruby, etc)
- Include the relevant HTML and the Watir code you are using
- If you are getting an error, provide the full stack trace (you might need to run your tests with
- If asked to provide logs:
Selenium::WebDriver.logger.level = :debugand
Watir.logger.level = :debugcan be very helpful in tracking down your issue