You want to help us? That’s great news!
Watir is maintained by volunteers, and we welcome and appreciate contributions.
- Want to add or fix things on this website? Make a pull request to our website code.
- Want to help write Watir code? We suggest you start by running the test suite on the project to learn what things Watir is doing.
- Want to suggest ideas for how to make Watir better? Submit an issue with your feature request.
Oh, you mean you need help with something?
Do you have a reproducible problem with Watir code?
Do you have a specific error or difficulty that has a practical answer of general interest?
Post a Question on StackOverflow. Several people in the Watir community actively monitor questions asked there that have the watir tag.
Do you have a question that involves an opinion, or is otherwise not of general interest?
Send a question to the Watir-General mailing list on Google Groups.
Is it easiest to just have a conversation with us?
Join the #watir channel on the Selenium Slack.
Guidelines for Questions and Posts
- Check the above locations to see if your question has already been asked before posting your question
- Keep your questions on-topic
- Be Respectful
- The people answering your questions are volunteers with real jobs. Watir has a wonderful and helpful community, but people do not owe you an immediate answer. Be patient, we’ll eventually be able to help.
- Use standard English, not SMS or chat speak
- Be Specific and Thorough
- Provide a Short, Self Contained, Correct Example
- Include all of the relevant versions for specific issues you are having (Watir, Selenium, driver, browser, Ruby, etc)
- Include the relevant HTML and the Watir code you are using
- If you are getting an error, provide the full stack trace (you might need to run your tests with
- If asked to provide logs:
Selenium::WebDriver.logger.level = :debugand
Watir.logger.level = :debugcan be very helpful in tracking down your issue